This indulgently rich, cheesy, creamy dip is scrumptious all on its own, but we took it up a notch by adding chewy bread bites for scooping to create a snack that won’t be forgotten.
Jalapeño Popper Dip with Pretzel Nuggets
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 pound bacon, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced seeded fresh jalapeños (about 7 large)
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 2 (13-ounce) cans refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon water
- Coarse salt
- Garnish: chopped green onion, sliced fresh jalapeño
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and garlic powder until smooth; stir in all Cheddar, mozzarella, jalapeño, all but 2 tablespoons bacon, and green onion until well combined.
- Cut each pizza dough into 10 pieces; roll each dough piece into a ball. Place dough balls around sides of skillet, leaving center of skillet empty.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, baking soda, and ½ teaspoon water; brush onto dough balls. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Spoon cheese mixture into center of skillet.
- Bake until bread is golden brown and cheese mixture is hot and bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cooked bacon onto dip. Garnish with green onion and jalapeño, if desired.