Bright citrus and fresh herbs combined with verdant veggies make a tasty accompaniment to any entrée.
Lemony Sugar Snap Peas and Leeks
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 medium leek, trimmed and thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add snap peas, leek, and lemon slices. Cook, stirring frequently, until snap peas are bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cook until butter is melted and sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in mint.
KITCHEN TIP-This quick and easy veggie dish is so versatile; any green veggie and fresh herb you like can be used in place of the snap peas and mint.