Piled high with a bounty of toppings, these Loaded Breakfast Nachos are a knockout.
Loaded Breakfast Nachos
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1⁄2 pound chorizo, casings removed
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (13-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 pound fresh okra, split lengthwise
- 6 large eggs
- Garnish: crumbled queso fresco, sliced radish, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeño, chopped green onion, hot sauce, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a large shallow oven-proof pan or rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chorizo over medium-high heat until browned, approximately 8 minutes. Remove chorizo from pan; let drain on paper towels. Wipe out pan.
- Heat same pan over medium-high heat. Add tomato, beans, garlic, hot sauce, and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in chorizo. Remove from heat.
- Scatter chips on prepared pan. Top with chorizo mixture and okra. Crack eggs over nachos, spacing evenly.
- Bake until eggs are set, 15 to 18 minutes. Garnish with queso fresco, radish, cilantro, jalapeño, green onion, hot sauce, and lime wedges, if desired.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/