Served with all your favorite toppings found in a loaded baked potato, these Loaded Potato Wedges are sure to please.
Loaded Potato Wedges
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, cut into eighths
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch dip mix
- Garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon, sour cream, sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, cover cut potatoes with cold water. Let soak for at least 30 minutes. Drain, and pat dry.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325°.
- Fry potatoes in batches until lightly golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oil, and let drain on paper towels. Increase oil temperature to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oil, and let drain on paper towels. Place wedges in a large bowl, and toss to coat with ranch dip mix. Garnish with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onion, if desired.
Find more great recipes like this one in Southern Cast Iron’s Winter 2017 issue!