Roasted Brussels sprouts and crispy bacon get stirred into a creamy Parmesan and white Cheddar mac and cheese.
Mac and Cheese with Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
Yield: approximately 6 servings
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stemmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place Brussels sprouts on prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Bake until Brussels sprouts begin to caramelize, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, approximately 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, set bacon aside, reserving 4 tablespoons rendered fat in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, approximately 3 minutes. Add flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in milk. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes. Stir in salt, mustard, and red pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in cooked pasta, Brussels sprouts, and bacon.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/