Mango adds sweetness to this spicy fresh pepper salsa.
Serves: Makes about 3 cups
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1½ cups diced red onion, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add jalapeño, habanero, and bell pepper; cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, about 5 minutes. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Seed and slice jalapeño; seed and dice habanero and bell pepper. Place peppers in a medium bowl. Add mango, lime juice, red onion, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Stir in green onion and cilantro just before serving.