Miniature Peach Cobblers
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 cups peeled, pitted, and sliced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 recipe Almond Shortbread Topping (link to recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, cook peaches, orange juice, lemon juice, and butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted, approximately 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into peach mixture until combined. Remove from heat.
- Divide peach mixture among 6 (1 1⁄2-cup) oven-proof dishes. Divide Almond Shortbread Topping into 6 portions; place over peach mixture. Place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake until browned and bubbly, 25 to 28 minutes.
Almond Shortbread Topping
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream and almonds just until combined. (Mixture will be crumbly.)
- Using your hands, gently shape dough into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.