These cake-like blondies are like your favorite oatmeal cookie with the volume turned up.
Oatmeal-Pecan Skillet Blondies
Serves: 8 to 10
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in oats and pecans. Spoon batter into a deep 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely.
You can find more fall inspired recipes for your cast-iron in our newest issue of Southern Cast Iron.