You can thank the sweet little bits of toffee for the added crunch in this chewy oatmeal skillet cookie.
Oatmeal Toffee Skillet Cookie
Makes about 12 servings
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup toffee bits
- ½ cup roughly chopped toffee bar*
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, beating to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in oats and toffee bits. Press dough into prepared skillet. Sprinkle with chopped toffee bar.
- Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes, loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool slightly. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cream until smooth. Spoon over cookie; cut into wedges.
*We used Heath Bar.