Chipotle salsa and charred orange give this grilled skillet tenderloin smoky flavor.
Orange-Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle salsa*
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 orange, halved
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, stir together chipotle salsa, orange zest, 1⁄2 cup orange juice, salt, and pepper. Add pork tenderloin, stirring to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°. Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on grill for 10 minutes; add oil.
- Remove pork from marinade; wipe off any excess. Place pork in skillet with orange halves and remaining 11⁄2 cups orange juice. Close grill lid; cook for 20 minutes. Turn pork; grill, covered, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°, about 20 minutes more. Let stand at least 5 minutes. To serve, slice pork; garnish with cilantro, and squeeze with charred oranges, if desired.
*We used San Marcos Chipotle Salsa.