A take on the nostalgic ice pop flavor, this sweet-tangy pie will bring back childhood memories with every bite.
Orange Cream Pie
Makes 1 (8-inch) pie
- 1½ cups pretzel crumbs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Whipped topping, to serve
- Garnish: orange zest, crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pretzel crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until well combined. Using the back of measuring cup, firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of an 8-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Bake until crust is just starting to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let crust cool completely on a wire rack. Leave oven on.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed milk, egg yolks, orange juice, and lemon juice until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake until center of pie is set, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Loosely cover, and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Spread whipped topping onto pie just before serving. Garnish with orange zest and pretzels, if desired.