Orange marmalade gives the glaze a deep citrus flavor, balanced by fresh mint.
Orange-Glazed Pork Chops with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Serves: 4 servings
- ½ pound fresh French green beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ⅓ cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Garnish: fresh mint, flaked sea salt
- Preheat grill to high heat (400° to 450°). Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet on grill to heat for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss together green beans, tomatoes, olive oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add mixture to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables start to blister, about 4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together marmalade, mint, soy sauce, and garlic. Sprinkle pork chops with remaining ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in skillet. Add pork chops to skillet; cook, basting frequently with marmalade mixture, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 140°, about 3 minutes per side. Serve immediately with vegetables. Garnish with mint and sea salt, if desired.