Your team has the ball on the three-yard line, and it’s fourth down and inches. Instead of biting your nails, try dipping a tortilla chip into this spicy cheese dip.
Party Queso Dip
Serves: Makes about 3½ cups
- 3 links fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 (16-ounce) package processed cheese product*, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup whole milk, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, finely chopped red bell pepper, finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook chorizo over medium heat until browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Wipe skillet clean.
- Add cheese product, cheese, and ¼ cup milk to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until melted, about 7 minutes. Add chorizo, tomatoes with chiles, garlic powder, and salt; cook, stirring frequently, until smooth, about 6 minutes. Add remaining ¼ cup milk to thin, if necessary. Garnish with cilantro and bell peppers, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
*We used Velveeta.