Packed with fresh peaches and blackberries, this crumble is perfect served with ice cream on warm summer days.
Serves: 8 to 10 servings
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 cups roughly chopped peeled and pitted fresh peaches (about 6 medium peaches)
- 5 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- For crumble: In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt. Add melted butter; toss until moistened. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- For filling: In a large bowl, combine peaches, blackberries, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with sugar, flour, and salt; stir to combine. Spoon into a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle with cubed butter. Break crumble into pieces; sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake until crumble is golden brown and filling is bubbly through center, about 45 minutes, covering with foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.