Topped with cool and creamy vanilla ice cream, this rich and fruity bread pudding is our favorite summer indulgence.
Peach-Blackberry Croissant Bread Pudding
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 6 large croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1 cup halved fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Arrange croissant pieces on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until toasted, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Reserve 2 cups croissant pieces for topping.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, ¾ cup granulated sugar, egg yolks, egg, vanilla, and salt. Stir in toasted croissant pieces; fold in peaches and blackberries. Pour mixture into prepared skillet. Using a spatula, gently press to cover with milk mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; place reserved 2 cups croissant pieces on top, and brush with melted butter. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown and a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream, if desired.