Strawberries add a pop of color to this buttery crumb cake.
Peach-Strawberry Crumb Cake
Serves: 8 servings
- ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and divided
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of skillet. Lightly spray with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat ½ cup butter and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into butter mixture. Pour batter into prepared skillet. Top with peaches and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining ½ cup flour. Using a fork or pastry blender, cut in remaining 3 tablespoons butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Using excess parchment as handles, remove cake from skillet. Slice to serve.