Premade biscuit dough makes this bread easy to put together. If you don’t have a cast-iron loaf pan, any 8×4-inch loaf pan will work.
Pear and Butternut Squash Pull-Apart Bread
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded peeled butternut squash
- ½ cup shredded Bartlett pear
- ½ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated flaky layers biscuits*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8×4-inch cast-iron loaf pan with baking spray with flour. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; spray pan again.
- In a small cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet.
- Add squash to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from skillet; let cool slightly.
- Pat pear dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, stir together bacon, squash, pear, cheese, rosemary, and pepper.
- Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface; reserve 1 biscuit. Divide pear mixture among remaining biscuits, pressing slightly into biscuits. Stack biscuits, filling side up, and place remaining biscuit on top of stack. Gently place stack in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes, loosely covering with foil during last 10 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Run a knife around edges of bread, and remove from pan. Serve warm.
*We used Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Original Biscuits.