Pecans add a nice crunch to these tender buttermilk biscuits.
Pecan and Goat Cheese Biscuits
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1½ cups Schermer Pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese, chilled
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1¾ cups whole buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Garnish: cane syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. With a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans, goat cheese, and thyme. Add buttermilk, and toss with your hands until a sticky dough forms. Using a 4-tablespoon scoop, drop biscuits into prepared skillet. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake until tops are golden, 30 to 35 minutes. (Loosely cover with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.) Garnish with cane syrup, if desired.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/