Serves: 2 (8x4-inch) loaves
Make one loaf for yourself, and give the other as a gift.
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 11⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 11⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 21⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 11⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 11⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and divided
- 11⁄2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 (8x4-inch) cast-iron loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of
bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pumpkin, sour cream, and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in 1⁄3 cup pecans. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Drizzle glaze over cooled loaves; sprinkle with remaining pecans.