Whip these up in less than 30 minutes using pantry staples you probably already have on hand.
- 2¾ cups self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups plain whole Greek yogurt
- Canola oil, for greasing pan
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, and yogurt just until yogurt is mostly combined. Knead until a dough forms. (Dough will be sticky.) Divide dough into 8 portions.
- Place one portion of dough on a heavily floured surface; heavily flour top of dough, and roll to an 8-inch round. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle over medium heat until hot. Spread about 1 teaspoon oil onto pan. Place one dough round on hot griddle. Cook until puffed and golden brown in spots on bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more. Wipe excess flour of griddle. Repeat with oil as needed and remaining dough. Serve warm.
As you cook the flatbreads, excess four will build up on the griddle. Simply wipe away the flour with a paper towel; it will not affect the griddle’s seasoning.