For a supper that’s as effortless as it is impressive, turn to these juicy glazed pork chops.
Persimmon Pork Chops
Makes 4 Servings
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 thin-cut bone-in pork rib chops
- 1 medium red onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 ripe but firm Fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice and sorghum syrup; reserve.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over pork chops. Add chops; cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chops from pan.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and persimmons, cut side down, to skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Return chops to skillet.
- Pour orange juice mixture all over chops. Cook until liquid becomes syrupy, about3 minutes. Top with basil; serve immediately.