Savor all the flavors of the beloved sandwich without fussing over making individual servings — you won’t even miss the bread.
Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 slices provolone cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steak seasoning onto steak. Add steak; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in bell peppers and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in Italian dressing, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Top with cheese; let stand until melted. Garnish with parsley, if desired.