Two classic Southern sides come together to create one perfect potluck dish.
Pickled Egg and Roasted Potato Salad
Makes about 5 cups
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon old-style whole-grain mustard
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped and drained Pickled Eggs
- ½ cup Pickled Red Onion, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radish
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs, chopped drained Pickled Red Onion
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- On a 14-inch round cast-iron baking pan, toss potatoes with oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Bake until potatoes edges are crisp and browned, about 40 minutes. Let potatoes cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, dill, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Fold in Pickled Eggs, Pickled Red Onion, radish, and cooled potatoes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with dill and Pickled Red Onion, if desired.