Bursting at the seams with the South’s favorite Cheddar spread, these burgers get a makeover from the inside out.
Pimiento-Cheese Stuffed Burgers
Serves: 6 Servings
- 6 slices peppered bacon, halved crosswise
- ⅓ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- ½ cup chopped sweet-spicy pickles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup pimiento cheese*
- 6 ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
- Bibb lettuce
- Pimiento cheese
- Sweet-spicy pickles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray a wire rack with cooking spray; place rack in a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet.
- Place bacon on prepared rack; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake until sugar is melted and bacon is crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove from rack.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sirloin, chopped pickles, salt, and pepper until combined. Divide mixture into 12 portions, and shape each portion into a 5-inch patty. Place 2 tablespoons pimiento cheese in center of 6 patties. Top with remaining patties, and press edges to seal. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, covering during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Layer bottom half of rolls with lettuce, patties, tomato, pimiento cheese, and bacon. Garnish with pickles, if desired. Serve immediately.