Seared chops cooked with mustard-braised cabbage and apples are sure to bring everyone to the table.
Pork Chops with Cabbage and Apples
Serves: 4 Servings
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 (¾-inch-thick) pork rib chops
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups sliced Braeburn apple
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to skillet; cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Add cabbage, apple, and onion to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add ½ cup water, mustard, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper, stirring to combine. Top with pork chops. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately.