The lattice top adds a gorgeous pie-like appearance to this easy fruit cobbler. Add a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate summer treat.
Raspberry-Blackberry Sour Cream Cobbler
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 4½ cups fresh raspberries
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. (Do not overmix.)
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together raspberries, blackberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and remaining 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar. Spoon berry mixture into a 10-inch enamel-coated cast-iron skillet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough 1⁄4 inch thick. Using a knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into 11⁄4-inch- wide strips. Arrange strips over filling in a lattice design, trimming excess dough. Brush lattice with beaten egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, about 50 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.