This easy and filling skillet supper is perfect for your meatless Mondays—or any other day of the week.
Ricotta-Parmesan Spinach Stuffed Shells
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained well, and squeezed dry
- 3 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: grated fresh Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup marinara in bottom of prepared pan. Divide spinach mixture evenly among pasta shells, and place in prepared pan. Pour remaining marinara sauce onto shells. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray; cover pan, spray side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.