Rosemary Apricot Skillet Chicken
Author: Quin Liburd
Makes 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary leaves plus more for garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, garlic powder, and pepper; sprinkle mixture all over chicken thighs. Transfer chicken to a large resealable plastic bag, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, to skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together preserves, chicken broth, and ¼ cup rosemary leaves; pour all over chicken thighs. Transfer skillet to oven.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°, about 30 minutes. Garnish with rosemary, if desired. Serve with your favorite sides.