Tender sweet potato and hearty sausage make every bite of this skillet frittata delightful.
Sausage and Sweet Potato Frittata
Serves: Makes about 4 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package bulk pork sausage
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 11⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 12-inch enamel-coated cast-iron skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and crumbly, about 8 minutes. Add sweet potato; cook, stirring gently, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in tomato and garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Add parsley, dill, eggs, salt, pepper, and cheese. Cook until bottom is set, about 2 minutes.
- Bake just until set, 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish with dill, if desired.