These savory biscuits are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner any day of the week.
Sausage and Chive Biscuit Wedges
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅔ cup cooked, crumbled, and cooled pork breakfast sausage*
- 1 cup whole buttermilk, divided
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and divided
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, chives, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar; stir in sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine 3⁄4 cup buttermilk and 1⁄3 cup melted butter. Make a well in center of flour mixture; add buttermilk mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened, adding remaining 1⁄4 cup buttermilk, if needed. Spoon dough into wells of a 9-inch cast- iron wedge pan, mounding dough.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 17 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of biscuits. Remove from pan. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter.
*We used Jimmy Dean.