This stir-fry cooks quickly, so have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go by the stove before you start.
Shrimp and Spicy Greens Stir-Fry
Serves: 4 Servings
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons mirin, divided
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound jumbo fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced serrano chile pepper
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped beet greens
- 2 cups chopped collard greens
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Hot cooked rice, to serve
- Garnish: fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, stir together stock, 1 tablespoon mirin, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and sugar.
- In another small bowl, toss together shrimp, cornstarch, salt, remaining 1 tablespoon mirin, and remaining 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Heat a 14-inch cast-iron wok over high heat. Add oil, swirling pan to coat. Add ginger, garlic, and serrano; cook for 10 seconds. Add bell pepper; cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp mixture; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Add all greens and green onion; cook for 30 seconds. Add stock mixture; cook until greens are wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; add cilantro, tossing gently. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.