You won’t believe how quickly this baked pasta comes together. Fresh tomatoes and herbs balance the rich, cheesy goodness in this soon-to-be summer staple.
Shrimp Caprese Pasta
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil, crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, stir together shrimp, pasta, Alfredo sauce, three-fourths of cheese, half of tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, and peppers. Pour mixture into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Top with remaining cheese and tomato. Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray; cover skillet, spray side down, with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with basil and red pepper, if desired.