These zesty skewers pair perfectly with our creamy Asian-inspired peanut sauce.
Shrimp Kabobs with Peanut Sauce
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1. pounds peeled and deveined large fresh shrimp (tails left on)
- 6 mini yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 8 green onions, cut into 1.-inch pieces
- 12 (7- to 8-inch) wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Peanut sauce:
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds, lime wedges, sliced green onion
- For kabobs: In a medium bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, lime zest and juice, ginger, and garlic. Add shrimp and bell pepper, tossing to coat. Thread shrimp, green onion, and bell pepper onto skewers.
- Spray a cast-iron grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over mediumhigh heat. Add skewers; cook for 5 minutes, turning once.
- For peanut sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper, and garlic until smooth. Serve peanut sauce with kabobs. Garnish with sesame seeds, lime wedges, and green onion, if desired.