The ranch marinade gives these classic chicken tenders an extra layer of flavor.
Skillet Chicken Tacos
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 12 chicken tenderloins (about 11⁄2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas, avocado slices, lime wedges, and Cumin Sour Cream (recipe follows), to serve
- For chicken: Place ranch dressing in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, turning to combine. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a 12-inch cast-iron grill pan, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, and place in preheated oven.
- For slaw: In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, vinegar, and salt. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, jalapeño, and cilantro. Add dressing; toss to combine. Serve chicken and slaw with tortillas, avocado, and Cumin Sour Cream.
Cumin Sour Cream
Serves: Makes 1 Cup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.