This simple recipe results in creamy yet crispy potatoes.
Skillet Red Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Arrange potatoes in skillet cut side down in an even layer. Return skillet to heat; cook over medium heat, until bottoms of potatoes are browned and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over; cover and cook until golden brown and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Turn potatoes; cover and cook until tender, 5 to 8 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.