Thanks to ready-made meatballs, this one-pot spaghetti is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs
Serves: 5 to 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 1 (12-ounce) package Italian-style pre-made chicken meatballs, such as Aidells
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese, torn basil leaves
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, combine spaghetti, 8 cups water, onion, garlic, and 2 teaspoons salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente, approximately 14 minutes. Drain all but 1 cup of water from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir-in remaining 2½ teaspoons salt, tomato, meatballs, basil, sugar, and red pepper. Bring to a boil; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil, if desired.