With its crispy edges and soft, chewy center, this giant sugar cookie will fill you with childhood nostalgia.
Skillet Sprinkle Sugar Cookie
Makes 1 (10-inch) cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles, divided
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl. Add egg, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Fold in ⅓ cup sprinkles. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sprinkles onto batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into wedges. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.