Juicy skillet steak, potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Pair with sautéed green beans for a simple yet elegant supper.
Skillet Steak and Potatoes
Yield: 4 servings
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 0g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 pounds fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (2-inch-thick) beef tenderloin filets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add potato to skillet; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until blistered on all sides, approximately 5 minutes. Remove potato from skillet; set aside.
- Increase heat to high. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet. Sprinkle steaks with remaining 2 teaspoons salt and 3⁄4 teaspoons pepper. Cook until browned, approximately 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat. Return garlic, rosemary, and potato to skillet.
- Bake until steak reaches desired degree of doneness, approximately 12 minutes for medium. Remove steaks from skillet; let stand 5 minutes. Stir butter into juices in bottom of skillet. Serve with steaks.
Southern Cast Iron https://www.southerncastiron.com/