Steak and eggs—the heartiest way to start your day—is also the perfect way to end it.
Skillet Steak with Fried Eggs
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 (1-inch-thick) New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 8 large eggs, divided
- Let steaks stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 415°.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add steaks to skillet; cook for about 3 minutes per side, turning once. (This will be very smoky, so be sure to turn on your vent fan.)
- Bake until desired degree of doneness is reached, 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon pan sauce over steaks. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Crack 4 eggs into skillet, and fry, turning once, until desired degree of doneness is reached. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining 4 eggs. Serve with steak.