Everyone will love these easy smashed potatoes, flavored with bacon and rosemary.
Smashed Red Potatoes with Bacon
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (28-ounce) bag baby red potatoes
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 slices applewood-smoked bacon, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup fresh rosemary sprigs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large Dutch oven, bring potatoes, 3 teaspoons salt, and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes; drain.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, place bacon, and heat over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels.
- Arrange half of potatoes, half of bacon, 3 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons rosemary, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in an even layer in skillet; using a spoon, smash potatoes. Cook until crisp, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Repeat process with remaining potatoes, bacon, garlic, rosemary, pepper, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt.