These individually portioned casseroles can be on your family dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
Smoked Sausage Ravioli Lasagna
Serves: Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked Cajun sausage, halved lengthwise and chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) package fresh or frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded pecorino cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; add sausage, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage using a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- To pot, add onion and garlic; cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, sauce, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Stir in ravioli and 1½ cups water; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes. Stir in sausage and parsley.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 (6-inch) cast-iron skillets. Sprinkle with mozzarella and pecorino.
- Broil until cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.