Tender with a sweet and spicy glaze, these potatoes will be a frequent visitor at our table throughout the fall.
Sorghum and Chili Roasted Potato Wedges
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 medium russet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Garnish: sorghum syrup, coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sorghum syrup, vinegar, salt, mustard, and chili powder until combined. Stir in potatoes and jalapeño until coated. Place in an even layer on a cast-iron baking sheet.
- Bake until tender, about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Garnish with sorghum syrup and sea salt, if desired.