A nutty, fruity mix of walnuts and raisins brings out the sweetness of this carrot bread.
Spiced Carrot Bread with Golden Raisins
Serves: Makes 1 (9x5-inch) loaf
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x5-inch cast-iron loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger. In another medium bowl, combine carrot, granulated sugar, raisins, walnuts, milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla. Pour carrot mixture over flour mixture, and fold just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey and confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle over cooled loaf.
Kitchen Tip: Don’t have a cast-iron loaf pan? No problem. These recipes can be made in a regular loaf pan using the same bake temperature and time.