The ultimate tomato soup dipper, this grown-up grilled cheese packs a punch of heat.
Spicy Bacon and Poblano Grilled Cheese
- 4 medium poblano peppers
- 8 slices brioche sandwich bread
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 12 slices thick-cut peppered bacon*, cooked until crisp
- 8 slices Muenster cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers; cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Place peppers in a medium bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let cool enough to handle. Peel peppers, discarding skin. Split peppers lengthwise, discarding stems and seeds.
- Layer 4 bread slices each with 2 slices Jack cheese, 3 slices cooked bacon, 1 poblano, 2 slices Muenster, and 1 bread slice.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches; cook until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and remaining 2 sandwiches. Serve immediately.
*We used Oscar Mayer Cracked Black PeppernThick-Cut Bacon.