Nutty Gruyère, salty bacon, juicy fruit, and a spicy spread may sound like an unexpected sandwich combination, but it’s tailor-made for indulgence.
Strawberry-Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, halved crosswise
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 thick slices multigrain bread
- 4 tablespoons Strawberry Pepper Jelly
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving ½ tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on one side of all bread slices. Spread Strawberry Pepper Jelly on plain side of 2 bread slices; top with cheese, bacon, strawberries, and remaining bread slices, mayonnaise side up.
- Cook sandwiches in skillet over medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.