Banana bread is anything but basic when you stir in vibrant red berries and bake it in individual servings.
Strawberry Banana Bread Wedges
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh strawberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray an 8-well cast-iron wedge pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth; stir in mashed banana.
- Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until combined; stir in ½ cup strawberries. Divide batter among prepared wells. Press remaining ¼ cup strawberries into batter in wells.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned and tops are dry, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
KITCHEN TIP: Banana bread batter can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight; stir the chopped strawberries into the batter just before baking.