This cake-meets-cheesecake dessert is a cinch to make and delivers creamy indulgence with every spoonful.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cobbler
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Pour melted butter into a 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in 3 tablespoons granulated sugar until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 1½ cups granulated sugar. Whisk in milk until smooth. Pour batter into melted butter in skillet (do not stir together).
- Place strawberry halves all over batter. Dollop heaping teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture all over strawberries.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar; serve warm.