Gingersnaps in the topping give this crisp an extra delicious crunch and a hint of sweet spice.
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies)
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups sliced fresh plums (about 6 plums)
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, cookie crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine plums, strawberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon; toss well. Spoon plum mixture into prepared skillet. Sprinkle oat mixture onto fruit.
- Bake until top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.