The dough for drop biscuits is simply scooped onto a pan and baked, so they come together in less than 15 minutes. This is your go-to recipe when your biscuit craving is strong but you’re short on time.
Sun-Dried Tomato Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon cold whole milk, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 7-well cast-iron mini cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in tomatoes. Stir in ¾ cup cold milk just until combined.
- Spoon dough into wells of prepared pan. With floured hands, lightly press dough into wells of pan. Brush remaining 1 tablespoon milk onto biscuits.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
*We used White Lily.