While we love a good potlikker, these quick-cooking collards come together in less than 20 minutes without sacrificing any flavor.
Sweet and Spicy Sautéed Collard Greens
Serves: 4 Cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shredded collard greens
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter with oil over medium-high heat. Add collards in batches; cook until wilted. Add onion, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add molasses and all remaining ingredients, stirring until combined. Serve warm.